SAPIENTIS, IT talent search specialist in Barcelona is looking for a passionate Senior Android Developer for our client, a Cybersecurity company.
Our mission is to make messaging ultimately secure and convenient for every enterprise. We are committed to developing and broadly distributing complete and transparent software solutions for easy protection of privacy. In this we want to become the leading experts.
We are an international company with teams in Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany, Spain, and the UK. We’re an equal opportunity employer and proud of our diversity and multi-cultural background. Seize the opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage!
As an Android developer you are playing a key role in our Android solution development process.
In a time of constant cyber-attacks on our privacy, corporate information and societal processes in government and the defense of our freedom, we have built the rails for a secure architecture that protects our privacy and freedom, by ensuring best-in-class security through a Zero Trust Architecture.
If freedom through a maximum of data protection is your thing – this job may be just the one you’ve been looking for.
You will be a key part of the Android application development, ensuring highly scalable and performant applications in the context of a cost effective and efficient development organization. You will help the team with best engineering practices and work with the Android team to implement the company’s architectural vision. By working closely with our engineering manager and the Mobile Team lead, you ensure the implementation of the overall technology vision of the company. You show commitment by doing whatever is necessary to build the best product possible – and that means being actively engaged with your team.
- You work closely with our Mobile Team Lead to implement the architectural vision of our Android application
- You work with the Mobile Team lead to translate technological directions and the application architecture framework into a valuable application.
- You apply the principles of agile product development balancing effective, efficient, and sustainable engineering principles.
- You oversee and participate in all development stages – you are a key player and coach for the entire engineering process.
- You relentlessly work on improving knowledge, skills, processes, and documentation, by actively contributing to our learning organization.
- You follow and contribute to the product progress.
- You develop pieces of our codebase including some external dependencies
- You contribute to the design and implementation of the application all the way through to deployment
- You work on the build and deployment of both new and existing features for the application
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have a track record in Android development
- Your worked more than 4 years as an Android developer
- You are enthusiastic about cyber security and digital privacy
- You are enthusiastic about automated testing
- You are proficient in Java and Kotlin,
- You are enthusiastic about S.O.L.I.D, clean code principles and software patterns
- You are enthusiastic about the ecosystem and always up to date regarding Android development
- You are familiar with agile, CI/CD and security principles
- You are enthusiastic, have a can-do attitude and want to deliver quickly and iterate fast. When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it. You like to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- You are empathetic, willing to learn and teach
- You have experience in creating successful mobile apps
- You are able to work with legacy code bases
Nice to Have
- You understand Email architectures and principles
- You have worked with Docker, Linux, iOS, Android and security tools.
- You understand the principles behind ZTA, PGP, S/MIME, X.509, PKI
- You have worked with Android NDK and cross-built libraries for Android
- You are familiar with email protocols IMAP, SMTP, EWS and EAS
- You are familiar with auth protocols like oAuth2
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org